By Margarita Celeste
Move over Cancer! Leo Season has landed with a bang! Fire follows water, and emotionally, we are feeling so much more positive and action-oriented!
From 22 Jul until 23 August, Leo is the sign that rules the heavens. Why? Well, the Sun move into this proud and warm sign. The Sun is, arguably, the most important “planet” in astrology, signifying the center of our solar system, and also, our own center – our soul, so to speak.
Hence, collectively, all of us can “feel” the shift in consciousness.
What’s Leo All About?
Cancer, the previous sign is all about home and family and being a water sign, was a pretty emotional time. We can all agree that up until now, almost the end of July, we have been feeling far more introspective, emotional and sensitive.
The change into fiery Leo is a stark contrast. We are now moved to take all if these insights and “action” them. We move out of the water and into the sunlight, and we will be feeling strong, confident and capable. We want to let our light shine! Lei is about leadership and management, about performance, creativity, self-expression and – wait for it – romance! Yay!
Leo is also a “fixed” sign, which means that this season is all about consistency, commitment and reliability. This is a passionate sign, so it’s really about committing to something – or someone – you’re passionate about.
How Can You Tap into the Leo Vibes?
Here’s a breakdown of what we can associate Leo with and how we ourselves can maximize this sunny energy:
- Leo is ruled by the Sun – so go and get into the sunshine! Bask for at least 20 minutes a day and soak up that vitamin D, baby!
- Sun colors are: red, gold, orange and yellow. Get your sunniest clothing out, give it a shake and strut your stuff! Don’t be afraid to stand out!
- Sun gems are: ruby & garnet. Bonus if you have a piece of jeweler that too can wear over Leo Season that is one of these two (or both!)
- Scents associated with the Sun: cayenne, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, saffron and eucalyptus. Can you find some essential oils in these flavors, or cook more with them? This is one way to harness the power of the powerful Sun energy over this season!
Do’s & Don’t for Leo Season 2020
It’s always great to have a bit of a guide for the Season, right? The stuff we should and shouldn’t do Of course, we always have the last say in our own lives, and astrology is just an enhancement and a roadmap.
Here are some do’s and don’ts for Leo Season:
- Celebrate yourself! Leo is all about the individual, about identity and self-hood. This is a time to allow our light to shine brightly and embrace all of who you are! Celebrate your aliveness!
- Express yourself! What make you feel like you? Is it wearing a funny hat? Being on a stage? Singing in the shower? Dancing like no one’s watching? Take the time this season to be more
- Be a leader, not a follower. Even if you’re to the type where in your life can you take a stand and make your own way? You don’t have to become the president, but you can take charge, in some way.
- Be more romantic. Leo rules love, especially the honeymoon type of love. Fall in love with life, yourself, your pets, your kids or your sweetheart. Be mushy and make grand gestures of love, shout it from the rooftops! Show love – be affectionate, cuddly and generous.
- Indulge, indulge, indulge! Leo is about spoiling thyself. Take yourself for a brand-new haircut, have a proper spa day or gap and spend some money on luxury gifts. Don’t stop there – spoil the ones you love, too! After all, money is just one of those things that comes and goes, right?
- Let your inner child out to play. Finger paint, run in a sprinkler, scream out loud and eat ice cream for dinner. You only live once, right?
- Be brave. Face a fear, whether it’s spiders, surfing or telling someone you care. Leo is all about that courage!
- Throw or go to a party! Leo loves nothing more than a sexy wiggle on a sweaty dancefloor, dressed in their best! ‘Tis the season to leave the house and show the world what you’re made of!
- Let your ego be in charge. There’s a big difference between real confidence and blatant arrogance. Know the difference.
- Try and control everything and everyone. Leo can be, well, a little dominating, to say the least. It’s easy to slip into a habit of walking all over everyone. Don’t.
- Be selfish. Leo Season can all too easily be a me-monster party. As much as you need to put you first, there’s always room for compromise and others in your rise to the top. Don’t stomp on the little people.
- Be a drama queen. Drama, in terms of theatricals and performance and passion is totally cool. Divas are not. The world doesn’t revolve around you and your story, so don’t let Leo Season get you in that way!
- Get demanding. Its nice to have your own way, but your own way is not the only way. No one is entitled to anything, and no one enjoys someone who thinks the world owes them a favor.
Leo Season is a sparkling, fun, social and outgoing season’s some fun, look on the bright side, and know you’re stronger than you think! Let yourself shine brightly and enjoy expressing yourself fully!
Be prepared for romance, dramatics, playfulness and putting yourself first (unselfishly, of course). Pamper yourself and indulge – this season only comes once a year, you know! As they say, make hay while the Sun shines, and the Sun never shines more brightly than when it’s in the song of proud Leo!
Go ahead – the world is your oyster!